- YES BANK will support IIM Lucknow to scale-up the ‘Sustainable Development’ course curriculum in accordance with global standards, along with delivering guest lectures
- The Bank will arrange for site visits at various YES BANK CSR project locations, providing students with the opportunity to develop case studies based on these projects
Mumbai, September 7, 2017: YES BANK, India’s fifth largest private sector Bank, and Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L) are signing a charter to further the common objective of spreading ‘Climate Literacy’ to achieve sustainable development through shared learning. YES BANK will support IIM-L in updating the 2-year course curriculum in accordance with global standards, along with delivering guest lectures.
YES BANK will also arrange for site visits at various YES BANK CSR project locations, providing students with the opportunity to develop case studies based on these projects and understand the on-ground impact of CSR Intervention by the Bank. Similar case studies on YES BANK have been developed by various institutions, including Harvard Business School (USA) and IESE Business School (Spain), among others. YES BANK and IIM-L will also work together to develop knowledge reports on areas such as Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) parameters in business decision making, business case for Low Carbon Transition, among others.
The focus areas for the joint activities will include:
- Building capacity in the leaders of tomorrow to better understand the emerging field of sustainability by conducting joint research on relevant topics
- Encouraging shared learning through knowledge exchange sessions to better understand academia’s perspective on climate change and providing an insight to student community on emerging corporate best practices and sustainable development business models
- Sharing practical knowledge through industrial site visits, corporate lectures and internship opportunities to drive accelerated learning
- Encouraging students to adopt socially responsible behavior and fostering a sense of shared commitment to achieve sustainable development
Speaking about the joint initiative, Rana Kapoor, MD and CEO, YES BANK, said, “Sustainability has been a mission critical pillar at YES BANK since inception and we have always been committed towards making it core to our business operations. I want to commend IIM-Lucknow for its focus on sustainability as part of its indepth curriculum. I believe this partnership with IIM-Lucknow will enable us to create an environment of cultivating leaders who are focused on adopting the current best practices in environmental risks and financing environment-friendly sustainable growth.”
Ajit Prasad, Director, IIM-Lucknow, said, “Sustainability has become integral to corporate strategy and towards achieving holistic growth. I believe that our collaboration with a leader in Responsible Banking such as YES BANK will enable our students to understand the perspective of corporates and address environmental and social issues in accordance with the economic challenges.”
YES BANK was the first Bank in India to implement an Environment and Social Policy in 2007, and to integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks into its overall credit risk assessment framework. YES BANK has been instrumental in benchmarking Triple Bottom Line accounting and reporting in India. YES BANK was the first Indian bank to release a Sustainability Report on the GRI G4 accounting platform, and in FY15-16, became the first to release the report based on the Integrated Reporting guidelines of the International Integrated Reporting Council. The Bank constantly expands the disclosures it makes and the information it reports with a view to provide the most comprehensive account of its business practices to all stakeholders.
About YES BANK
YES BANK, India’s fourth largest private sector bank is a high quality, customer centric and service driven Bank. Since inception in 2004, YES BANK has grown into a ‘Full Service Commercial Bank’ providing a complete range of products, services and technology driven digital offerings, catering to corporate, MSME & retail customers. YES BANK operates its Investment banking, Merchant banking & Brokerage businesses through YES SECURITIES and its Mutual Fund business through YES Asset Management (India) Limited, both wholly owned subsidiaries of the Bank. Headquartered in Mumbai, it has a pan-India presence across all 29 states and 7 Union Territories in India including an IBU at GIFT City, and a Representative Office in Abu Dhabi.
For more information, please visit the Bank’s website at http://www.yesbank.in/
Ph.: Mob: +91 9820869940
Ph.: Mob: +91 9987036388