- First and Only Indian bank to be selected as an index component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the Emerging Market index for two consecutive years
- YES BANK is the only Indian bank selected from 108 banks from emerging markets that were invited to apply
- Reinforces the Bank’s position as a global sustainability leader in India
- Sustainable banking for a sustainable economy
Mumbai, September 20, 2016: YES BANK, India’s fifth largest private sector bank, continued to be the First and Only Indian Bank to be selected as an index component of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) in the Emerging Markets Index. The selection is effective from September 19, 2016 and would be valid for one year. This is the second year in a row where YES BANK has been selected as a part of the DJSI.
Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO, YES BANK said, “We are extremely proud to be the first and Only Indian Bank to be selected in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, in Emerging Markets Index, two years in a row. It is a testament to YES BANK’s continued emphasis towards creating a sustainable banking ecosystem that serves customers, clients, employees and communities better. As component of this prestigious global Index, we remain committed to evangelizing sustainability and environment management in the entire banking sector.”
The Emerging Markets Index for 2016 comprises of 95 companies from 14 emerging economies including China, Brazil, South Africa and Taiwan. 108 banks from emerging economies were invited to participate, of which YES BANK is the only Indian Bank to have been included.
This year, the world’s largest 3,400 compa¿nies from developed and emerging markets were invited to take part in its annual Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). To be selected into the DJSI, YES BANK underwent a rigorous assessment on over 600 data points that include;
- Economic Dimensions such as Corporate Governance, Customer Relationship Management, Financial Stability and Systemic Risk, and Risk & Crisis Management
- Social Dimensions such as Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy, Financial Inclusion, Human Capital Development, and Social Reporting
- Environmental Dimensions such as Climate Strategy, Environmental Policy & Management Systems, and Environmental Reporting
Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices are the longest-running sustainability benchmarks globally that follow a best-in-class approach to measure the performance of global sustainability leaders. It is a part of the S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Together with S&P Dow Jones Indices, RobecoSAM - a global sustainability investment specialist, publishes the globally recognized Indices. These Indices are highly regarded by global investors, financial analysts and other stakeholders as a whole.
In line with its Responsible Banking ethos, YES BANK focuses on linking sustainable development with stakeholder value creation and benchmarks itself as a financial institution for inclusivity and sustainability in India. Its consecutive selection into the DJSI is a testimony to its efforts towards Sustainable banking for a Sustainable economy.
About YES BANK
YES BANK, is a high quality, customer centric and service driven Bank. Since inception in 2004, YES BANK has grown into a ‘Full Service Commercial Bank’ providing a complete range of products, services and technology driven digital offerings, catering to corporate, MSME & retail customers. YES BANK operates its Investment banking, Merchant banking & Brokerage businesses through YES SECURITIES and its Mutual Fund business through YES Asset Management (India) Limited, both wholly owned subsidiaries of the Bank. Headquartered in Mumbai, it has a pan-India presence across all 28 states and 9 Union Territories in India including an IBU at GIFT City, and a Representative Office in Abu Dhabi.
For more information, please visit the Bank’s website at http://www.yesbank.in/