- Witnessed significant participation from Telangana
- Attended by 100 top CFOs from across private sectors and other public sectors
- Saumen Chakraborty, President and CFO, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories felicitated with Life Time Achievement Awards for his contribution as a corporate leader
Hyderabad, September 11, 2015: YES BANK, India’s fifth largest private sector Bank, today launched the Hyderabad Chapter of the YES BANK National CFO Forum, a unique knowledge initiative exclusively for Chief Financial Officers and Financial Heads in India. The YES BANK–National CFO Forum was conceived with an objective to recognize and appreciate the indispensable role of the CFO in an organization and has seen active participation from over 600 members from the CFO community across the country. The Hyderabad Chapter witnessed active participation from over 100 CFOs from the city. YES BANK National CFO Forum has already launched its chapters across 7 other cities which include Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Chennai.
The launch witnessed the unveiling of the charter of the National CFO Forum, Hyderabad Chapter by Chief Guest Shri Eatala Rajendar, Hon’ble Finance Minister, Telangana.
K Pradeep Chandra, IAS, Principal Secretary to Government & Commissioner for Industrial Promotion, Navin Mittal, Special Commissioner GHMC, and Narendra Kothari, Chairman & Managing Director NMDC were present as guests of honor. An eminent panel of industry leaders participated in a thought provoking discussion on “Growth vs. Risk, When to change gears?”
Speaking about the event, Rana Kapoor, MD & CEO, YES BANK said "The National CFO Forum is successfully bringing together the visionary financial leaders of Indian industry to interact, strategize and pursue the roadmap of a progressive India Inc. Hyderabad is a prominent contributor to India’s economic growth especially in the Information Technology, Pharma and Life Sciences sectors. I believe the strategic involvement of Chief Financial Officers will propel these sectors further as enablers of India’s economic development. Through this Forum, we encourage greater participation of the CFOs in the knowledge economy of India."
The panelists in the session were Saumen Chakraborty, President and CFO, Dr. Reddys Laboratories, Issac George, Director & CFO, GVK Group, T Srinivasa Rao, CFO, Rain Industries, TVR. Satya Prasad, Director Finance, Hetero Labs, M Goutham Reddy, CFO, Ramky Enviro, Vineet Kapur, CFO, My Home Group and V Ramkrishna, CFO, Ocean Sparkle Ltd. The forum felicitated Saumen Chakraborty for his remarkable contribution as a corporate leader.
About the YES BANK National CFO Forum
The Forum has been conceptualized in the form of regional chapters. Since flag off in Mumbai in September 2011, National CFO Forums have been conducted in Delhi (North India chapter) in February 2012 , Bangalore (South India Chapter) in February 2013, Pune in January 2015, Kolkata in May 2015, Ahmedabad and Chennai in August 2015 . Additionally the forum has also seen significant appreciation from CFOs & Finance heads through its successful regional chapters in business hubs like Chennai.
The YES BANK - National CFO Forum, through its various chapters will aim to offer insights to the industry through:
- CFO Conclaves – A "By Invitation" only annual off-site event, which will be a platform for intense & practical interaction and debate amongst CFOs, peer networks and International Experts
- CFO Insights – YES BANK – National CFO Forum will publish quarterly contributory articles on pertinent topics including macroeconomic indicators- global & domestic, regulatory changes, industry best-practices etc
- CFO Value Chain – The YES BANK – CFO Value Chain will endeavor to develop and up-tier the SMEs in areas of Finance & Accounting, adoption of best practices, being compliant to international norms & standards etc.
- CFO Talent Management – The YES BANK – National CFO Forum will partner with select institutes like ICAI, Business Schools etc. and provide inputs towards curriculum setting and training interventions in-order to make the students more ready for the careers
The YES BANK National CFO Forum has a "Governing Council" of 42 members that provides leadership and strategic direction. The National CFO Forum has over 600 members from the Indian CFO community.
About YES BANK
YES BANK, India’s fourth largest private sector bank is a high quality, customer centric and service driven Bank. Since inception in 2004, YES BANK has grown into a ‘Full Service Commercial Bank’ providing a complete range of products, services and technology driven digital offerings, catering to corporate, MSME & retail customers. YES BANK operates its Investment banking, Merchant banking & Brokerage businesses through YES SECURITIES and its Mutual Fund business through YES Asset Management (India) Limited, both wholly owned subsidiaries of the Bank. Headquartered in Mumbai, it has a pan-India presence across all 28 states and 9 Union Territories in India including an IBU at GIFT City, and a Representative Office in Abu Dhabi.
For more information, please visit the Bank’s website at http://www.yesbank.in/