As the fourth largest private sector Bank, YES BANK is establishing the highest standards of Corporate Governance across the organisation. With an excellent Board of Directors and the institution of all recommended sub committees, the Bank is compliant with all the necessary statutory requirements.
YES BANK is ordained to set the highest standards of Corporate Governance right from its inception benchmarked with the best class practices across the globe. Effective Corporate Governance is the manifestation of professional beliefs and values, which configures the organizational values, credo and actions of its employees. Transparency and accountability are the fundamental principles to sound Corporate Governance, which ensure that the organization is managed and monitored in a responsible manner for ‘creating and sharing value’.
YES BANK believes that there is a need to view Corporate Governance as more than just regulatory requirements as there exists a fundamental link with the organization of business, corporate responsibility and shareholder wealth maximization.
Therefore, YES BANK is articulating a multi-stakeholder model (including shareholder value) of accountability that will manage the symbolic relationship between the various stakeholders. This approach will be central to the day-to-day functioning of the Bank and in implementation of its business strategy.
Corporate Governance Initiatives at YES BANK
• The Composition of the Board of Directors of YES BANK is in compliance with the Banking Regulation Act, all RBI guidelines (including the Ganguly Committee recommendations), Companies Act, Listing Agreement with the stock Exchange (s) and in accordance with best practices in Corporate Governance
• In compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act, 1956, Banking Regulation Act, RBI guidelines, Listing
Agreement with the stock exchange(s), 7 Board level sub-committees have been set up to ensure effective functioning of the
• The Bank has implemented a Code of Conduct and Ethics for the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
• YES BANK has instituted a comprehensive code of conduct for prevention of insider trading in accordance with the
requirements of SEBI (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992
• The Bank has formulated a Whistle Blower Policy in line with the best international governance practices